Michael Daly

Default 1 micron vs 5 micron DC bags (or, Have my goolgle skills gone bad?)

On 1-Aug-2003, (David Wittenberg) wrote:

There are a few that have a clear faceshield with a gasket at the bottom,
and a fan drawing air from behind you through a filter and then blowing it
down the front of the face shield. Not only gives you clean air, but
prevents the face shield from fogging. I think 3M makes one, and Triton
says that their version will be announced at the Anaheim show, which I think
is this week. I'm planning on taking a good look at the Triton version.

Ooops - sorry, I should have been clear - I know about the hoods, what I was
thinking of was a mask type respirator. The one I saw in a magazine had a
mouthpiece like a SCUBA second stage and air intake tubes that ran to a filter
pack below. No filter for the nose (you clip it closed) and no ability to talk (which
would probably mean it'll never get approved for work environments). Fine for
me working alone in the garage, though. I was hoping there was some news on this
or a similar thing.

I have a feeling I'll end up going for a hood - I'd rather do without a fan rig, though.

is this week. I'm planning on taking a good look at the Triton version.

Let us know what you think.

Thanks!

Mike