Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lew Hartswick Lew Hartswick is offline

Default Hardince HC Chucker -- someone needs help

Ned Simmons wrote:
On Thu, 22 May 2008 20:07:01 -0600, Lew Hartswick
wrote:

Ignoramus14615 wrote:

Do you use a tapping head or what? How do you hold taps?

Don't know about Gunner but here is what I do:
http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/e...hofholders.jpg

What's the advantage over simply holding the tap in the chuck? Up to
3/8 or so an Albrecht chuck works fine for me. For larger taps, where
the Albrecht may release when backing out, I use a keyed chuck.

Taps seem to slip in any chuck I've tried. The two setscrews
on opposite sides of the square end just do not have a chance
to slip :-) And they do back out fine.
...lew...