Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default PRESSURE VACUUM BREAKER QUESTION

On Fri, 23 May 2008 15:44:16 -0700 (PDT), BrianInNY
wrote:

My water sprinkler system guy tells me that my "Pressure Vacuum
Breaker" may have to be replaced. Unknown to me, it has been leaking.
He tells me this is a "backflow" device that keeps the irrigation
water separated from the home-use water. This concerns me from a heath
perspective. Can the two water supplies mix if the backflow is not
working properly? He say it costs about $200 (including labor) to
replace the entire device. Is this price reasonable? Would appreciate
device. Thanks in advance -- Brian.

I replaced mine; similar to this one *. The cost was around $60.00 for
the valve. Can you install it and save the $200.00?

*
http://www.cjjstore.com/store/images...reakoutmed.gif