Posted to alt.home.repair
BrianInNY BrianInNY is offline

Default PRESSURE VACUUM BREAKER QUESTION

My water sprinkler system guy tells me that my "Pressure Vacuum
Breaker" may have to be replaced. Unknown to me, it has been leaking.
He tells me this is a "backflow" device that keeps the irrigation
water separated from the home-use water. This concerns me from a heath
perspective. Can the two water supplies mix if the backflow is not
working properly? He say it costs about $200 (including labor) to
replace the entire device. Is this price reasonable? Would appreciate
device. Thanks in advance -- Brian.