Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
JR North JR North is offline

Default tuned exhaust for a Lycoming 0320

Super glue the joints-little dab'l do ya.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:

" Were you asking to get the whole thing done, or just the pipes bent?

I doubt that I'd want to build a header in the air to go onto an engine
later -- but I could see bending a bunch of pipes (if I hand a bender) for
someone to weld up themselves.

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim: I just need the modelling done for each of 4 pipes. I've found a shop
that says they can bend SS tube to match my model.
I've got a certain amount of flexibility in the mounting of the collector
and very little framing to dodge. The problem has just been that I started
with 4 equal length pipes and was trying to determine the bend angles that
I needed to start from 4 cylinders in an opposed engine and end up in the
collector. I could get one pipe and even two pipes arranged and then the
other two pipes would not come close to the collector. It seemed that the
bend angles of all 4 pipes had to be determined simultaneously to meet the
boundary conditions. The flex conduit did that but how to hold the bends in
place long enough to get the pipes bent.
Stu

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"