Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SDS black sludge

In article ,
ARWadworth wrote:
Don't you occasionally dip a drill (chuck end) into grease? I do with
my DeWalt and that grease turns black.

What model no Dave?

Can't remember offhand - it was the first reasonably priced lightweight
SDS. Although reasonable then was about 200 quid. If you really want to
know I'll look.

I grease my Makita as the instruction manual says to do so. This usually
results in the black sludge. The heat must soften the grease up and mix
with the dust.

The instructions on my My DeWalt says "do not grease" so I never have.
The DeWalt has never has the black gunge.

I'm sure mine said to grease otherwise I'd not have bothered? Not sure I
could find the instructions now.

--
*If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.