Posted to uk.d-i-y
George George is offline

Default SDS black sludge

"ARWadworth" wrote in message

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
The Medway Handyman wrote:
Using my Wickes/Kress SDS today in chisel mode & noticed a black sludge
creeping from the chuck along the chisel. Nothing I've ever added to
the chuck, because I've never added anything.

I suspect that 'this is not a good thing'.

Don't you occasionally dip a drill (chuck end) into grease? I do with my
DeWalt and that grease turns black.

What model no Dave?

I grease my Makita as the instruction manual says to do so. This usually
results in the black sludge. The heat must soften the grease up and mix

with
the dust.

The instructions on my My DeWalt says "do not grease" so I never have. The
DeWalt has never has the black gunge.

Cheers

Adam

No doubt the grease in his was not high melting point?