Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default This is supposed to be an election where all the votes are counted, not a Madonna concert !

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

2. The people being detained by the military are not criminals. They have
broken no criminal law nor have they been arrested. They are "unlawful enemy
combatants" (UEC) and not entitled to the constitutional protections
afforded criminals: no lawyer, no trial, no indictment by a grand jury, no
witnesses, nada. Neither are they POWs. They fall into the same group as
spys, saboteurs, guerrillas, fifth-columnists, and other nasties caught on
the battlefield. They are not protected, nor even mentioned, by the Geneva
Conventions on War nor any of the similar protocols. Our nation's UEC was
Major Andre, who was hanged by George Washington.

Actually they are mentioned in the Geneva Conventions. I always get a
kick out of people who suggest that the UEC should be treated according
to the GC. The GC authorizes summary execution.