Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default How to make a USB 2.0 male x male data link

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
:

bz wrote:

Report them to the FCC. Recently FAX spammers have been fined tens of
thousands of dollars.

You can also SUE the FAX spammer in small claims court.

Google for
fax spammer fined

That only works for people in the US. My method works anywhere.

You don't have to live in a country to sue in that country nor to report
law violators in that country to regulators in that country.

That said, I did stop a 'junk faxer' a couple of years ago by a somewhat
similar method.
They were sending 'pump and dump' stock tip faxes, with a 1 800 number at
the bottom to 'opt out'.
Of course, opting out had no effect...or rather confirmed your phone number
to the junk faxers.

I know this because I tried a couple of times and just got more junk faxes.

So I programmed my computer to repeatedly call the 'opt out' number and
'press the right buttons to "opt out"'.
Repeatedly.
Over and over.
All night long.

I think I only had to run it a couple of nights before they stopped hitting
my fax machine.

--
bz

infinite set.