Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default Obamas plans for the US

Spehro Pefhany wrote in
:

On Fri, 23 May 2008 03:21:10 GMT, "RAM³"
wrote:

Spehro Pefhany wrote in
m:

Been to China recently? Most of the scooters are *electric*.

Have you tried riding one of the electric scooters?

While they might be acceptable for the under-120# crowd, their range
is extremely limited with a 250# rider.

About 1 mile, in fact, before the batteries need a recharge and that
only on new batteries.

BTDT - gave away a pair of them.

1 mile is nothing in a Chinese city. Were these made-for-export
toys/crap?

They would probably sell for around US $800-$1000 apiece if imported.
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

They originally sold - a few years ago - for around $400 but I bought them
for quite a bit less and, then, replaced the batteries.

They were supposed to have a 15-mile range at 15 MPH.

The new owner's grandkids are delighted with them and get the advertised
performance.

They, BTW, each weigh under 120#. G

FWIW, I'd bought them to take along with us when travelling with our 5th-
wheel trailer so as not to burn up a lot of diesel unnecessarily.

Just another good idea that didn't work in the real world.