Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Obamas plans for the US

On Thu, 22 May 2008 22:04:09 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, F.
George McDuffee quickly quoth:

Currently the US economy appears to be organized as some sort of
"cargo cult," where goods just appear as a gift from the gods to
individuals who have proven themselves "worthy."

"Cargo Cults" historically have been most noticeable when
traditional society come into contact with more technically
advanced ones, and both the creation and delivery/payment of the
new "magic" goods are seen as a gift of the gods, as no one is
ever seen creating or working to pay for these goods.

Har! Liberals got Cargo Cults! g

There are over 190k google references to "cargo cults."

Christopher Moore wrote a great book with a plot based around cargo
cults, _Island of the Sequined Love Nun_. It is -hilarious-. Two
thumbs up.

Note that the "modern" western societies appear to be doing
everything they can to deindustralize and eliminate any general
knowledge of such basic knowledge as where does food come from,
where does electricity come from, where does gasoline come from,
where do clothes come from, etc.

It certainly appears that way, doesn't it?

Other very inteligent individuals have also noticed the huge
growth of the |American and norther European national cargo cults
such as Richard Feynman at least as far back as 1974
http://wwwcdf.pd.infn.it/~loreti/science.html

Richard Feynman is always a good read, but I think I prefer Moore's
more humorous version.

http://www.apts.edu/jam/99-2/M-McDowell.pdf

This one comes up blank every time I attempt to view it.

--
The best and safest thing is to keep a balance in your life,
acknowledge the great powers around us and in us. If you can