Posted to sci.electronics.repair
bz bz is offline

Default CMOS DRAM chips and static

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

In article ,
gareth magennis wrote:
I do the same as I get lots of it with chips that don't even need it.

Yes. It seems strange that all chips seem to be packaged in the same
way.

I must admit to never having taken any precautions when fitting any chip
- but then I don't wear any artificial fabric clothes.

Perhaps you live in an area where the relative humidity is rather high.
In which case, static electricity is seldom a problem.

If you lived in [for example] Wyoming, where RH is often in the low teens
or lower, THEN you would need to be careful. And more careful in the
winter [warming air dries it].

--
bz 73 de N5BZ k

infinite set.