Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SDS black sludge

Doctor Drivel wrote:
"somebody" wrote in message
In message , The
Medway Handyman writes
Using my Wickes/Kress SDS today in chisel mode & noticed a black
sludge creeping from the chuck along the chisel. Nothing I've ever
added to the chuck, because I've never added anything.

I suspect that 'this is not a good thing'.

Any ideas?

Hi Dave,

Yes, it's a rather intricate technical problem which I have come
across before. Actually, I'm coming across it with such monotonous
regularity it's becoming rather tiresome.

The problem is of a money/brand nature. You didn't spend fifteen
times as much money on a big name tool.

The Pro Wickes is made by Kress, am excellent company. It think he
has a pro drill.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk