Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Magic Jack

metspitzer wrote in
:

This thing sounds great. Sounds too good to be true.
I have been watching for reviews. The ones I have found say the thing
is crap. No customer service at all.

http://www.thriftyfun.com/tf31071682.tip.html

I've been using USADATANET for years.

No monthly fees, contracts, surcharge fees, or minimums. If you don't use
it you don't get a bill for anything.

There are 5 regions like northeast, southern, etc.

Call anyone at any number in your region and it's .10/min but it caps at
..99 meaning the most expensive call for ANY length of time, yes even
hours, is .99.

Call anyone at any number out of your region and it's .10/min but it caps
at 1.99 meaning the most expensive call for ANY length of time, yes even
hours, is 1.99.

When you register it's registered to your home phone. When you want to
call long distance you dial a 7 digit local access number. Enter area
code and number and it connects.

I notice no call quality difference.

If it suits your needs and interested:
http://www.usadatanet.com/longDistance.html