Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Obamas plans for the US

Sad thing on the scooters - more pollution. Just like China.
Here we go backwards. At least better mileage.

Martin H. Eastburn
http://lufkinced.com/

Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in message
Ed Huntress wrote:
"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...
Ed Huntress wrote:
"F. George McDuffee" wrote in
message ...
On Wed, 21 May 2008 09:42:34 -0400, "Ed Huntress"
wrote:

"John R. Carroll" wrote in
message ...

snip
Why would you be amazed that people continue behaviors that are
rewarded?
Not because they're rewarded, but because the practices themselves
*work*. Like conservative investors, I tend to believe that the
fundamentals will win out in the end.

In fact, they probably will. But the consequences of the fundamentals
winning out in the end is not pretty for the rest of us.

Not pretty at all Ed.
Especially not in my case.
By June's end I'll look great on paper but the fact of the matter is that
I'll have a ton of receivables and a wad of inventory without much more
than
six or seven months of cash on hand. My inventory, by it's very nature,
isn't really either fungible or liquid. Should the **** really hit the fan
this summer, and I think it actually will do so in July, I could be
homeless
by years end or so. That is the "worst case" and unlikely but it is a
possibility.That'd be something. I'm a little long in the tooth to be
trying
on a new adventure.

Eh, teeth have nothing to do with it. I'm looking for something new to do,
myself. Besides, there's a very encouraging piece in the NYT today that
summarizes some new research about how much smarter we old farts are than
the whippersnappers ("Older Brain Really May Be a Wiser Brain"):

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/20/he...b&e i=5087%0A

Anyone thinking that we are all going to see the US snap ot of this has a
screw loose.
The markets have been building in huge structural impediments to anything
like a recovery.
2012 oil is headed for $150.00 by the end of this month.....

I heard on WCBS radio that motor scooters are selling like hotcakes. Maybe
we're becoming Italy without the great food. g

I miss my old Honda S90 right now...and my 997cc English Ford.

--
Ed Huntress