Posted to alt.home.repair
KLS KLS is offline

Default CFL's & smoke

On Thu, 22 May 2008 22:06:26 +0000 (UTC), (Don
Klipstein) wrote:

So far, Philips and Commercial Electric are the brands I remember as
having most-incandescentlike color. GE appears to me to be a tiny hair on
the pinkish side. Sylvania appears to me to do so more, especially with
their usual 3000 K shade. It appears to me that this is to go the
opposite way of the most complaints - with erring to greenish widely
considered more objectionable.

Interesting: almost all of the compact swirly flourescents in this
house are Philips brand, and they're pretty nice, not a whole lot
different from incandescents. I've got one off-brand that is
incredibly pink, almost to the point that I'm not sure it's even worth
using because the hue is so weird it almost doesn't even illuminate.
I'll probably stay with the Philips when I need to replace these
bulbs, which I anticipate won't be for a while!