Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave Bugg Dave Bugg is offline

Default Magic Jack

Marina wrote:
"Dave Bugg" wrote in
news:txkZj.5833$Zy1.533@trndny05:

metspitzer wrote:
This thing sounds great. Sounds too good to be true.
I have been watching for reviews. The ones I have found say the
thing is crap. No customer service at all.

I have had it for about 4 months now and it works just fine. I had an
install question and a customer service rep took care of the concern
quickly.

It's not available in my zip code yet, but two nearby cities have it.
So I should sign up and choose one of the other cities?

You mean area code, not zip code, right? That's what I did.

Then I can call anywhere?

Yes.

It's just that anyone locally calling the
Magic Jack phone number will incur LD charges?

Yes and no. If they have a magicjack, no.

I want to use it in my boss's small office. She uses her Blackberry,
but I have to use my cell to call clients and I don't want to use my
cell for that, because then they see my # on the ID and clients call
me!

That's how I understand it anyway. I'm interested in buying one and
it looked too good to be true.

Your comments are a huge help.
Marina

--