Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] spamTHISbrp@yahoo.com is offline

Default Power hammer construction help?

On May 22, 10:44 am, Todd Rich wrote:
Todd Rich wrote:
As some of you probably remember, I'm building a Kinyon style power
hammer. I'm getting to the stage where I'm about ready to start welding
things together, and was looking for advice.

(snip)

Sorry to follow up to myself, but I forgot the other question....

I also need to drill and tap 4 holes on the end of a 6 1/2" cylinder that
is about 29 inches long. This is a little taller than my drill press can
handle (one of the 'bench' HF specials...not to bad though, it drilled
3/4" holes through the 3/4" base plate). Is there an 'easy' way to drill
these holes short of spending $90 to rent and mag drill press?
Todd

Local to central NY?

Sticking your bench DP on the edge of the bench (and rotating the
head) was a good idea.

Dave