Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] josh.kaplan1@comcast.net is offline

Default Ceiling fan light bulb "go green" options?

On May 22, 7:13*am, "RBM" wrote:
wrote in message

Hi all,
I have ceiling fans throughout my house and they all have dimmer
knobs and sliding switches. I bought at Wal mart some compact
flourescent bulbs. I put in one, and it looked great, with no heat
output. I put in the other three and heard a buzzing noise. *I quickly
cut off the lights and took a look at one of the bulbs. In teeny tiny
print on the neck of the bulbs it says "Not for use with dimmers." *So
I looked at the other bulbs at Wal mart that are compact floursecents
and same deal, but nothing on the box about this.

Aren't the regular incandescent bulbs being phased out in 2009? If so,
what are my options? I'm trying to do the go green thing.

Thanks,
Josh
http://www.pingeek.com

They don't currently make a good selection of dimmable CFL. Given time and
less government interference, the manufacturers will develope what people
want- Hide quoted text -

I found these:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search...ct+flourescent

however, these all appear to be 75 watt and the warning on the fan
light fixtures say not to 60 over 60 watts.
Also not sure of the quality of these.

Josh
http://www.pingeek.com