Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default Power hammer construction help?

As some of you probably remember, I'm building a Kinyon style power
hammer. I'm getting to the stage where I'm about ready to start welding
things together, and was looking for advice.

The baseplate is about 3/4" thick and 2'x 3' roughly. The bolt holes are
about 3" in from the edges. I was planning on putting conveyor belting
under the baseplate. Do I need to go to the edges of the baseplate, or
would 18"x30" be enough belting to put under it? (I can't find used in
the places I've checked, so I'm going to be buying new.) Also, I can get
thicknesses up to 1/4" thick. How much is likely to be enough? I'll be
ordering today.

Todd