Posted to alt.home.repair
Dottie Dottie is offline

Default Goodman HVAC???

On May 21, 2:04 pm, CJT wrote:
Frank wrote:
"mark" wrote in message

Has anyone here ever heard of the Goodman brand of HVAC? My nephew is
looking at units, and his friend sells Goodman units. Me personally, I
never heard of 'em. Any feedback? Thanks, Mark

I have it in one of my units. My HVAC contractor was pushing it to save a
few $$ - more profit for him. Goodman is JUNK, I have not used that
contractor again.

You need to be more specific if you expect to be credible. What went
wrong with it? At what age? How much did the repair cost?

Mine was installed in 1999 and continues to purr along without issues.

That your contractor didn't pass any savings along to you is an issue
with HIM, not Goodman. Maybe he didn't do a very good installation,
either, which could certainly cause problems with the unit.

We had a Goodman installed in 1992 and it was still working fine when
we replaced it last summer. I know people say bad things about them
but we never had any problems with it.. only reason we replaced it
was we needed a new air handler and it seemed wiser to just get both
at the same time.