Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ned Simmons Ned Simmons is offline

Default Hardince HC Chucker -- someone needs help

On Wed, 21 May 2008 19:29:05 -0500, "Pete C."
wrote:

It's a Bridgeport mill. No drum switch will remain and there will be no
speed pot. I'm quite comfortable with entering the speed and run stop
using the VFDs keypad. Rather similar to the Sxxxx M03 deal on a CNC.

Using the keypad to control the mill sacrifices much of the benefit
the VFD offers. I find large FWD-STOP-REV pushbuttons and a speed pot
in a convenient location a huge improvement over the the keypad,
especially when drilling and power tapping, drilling and reaming, or
for any operation where it's desirable to make quick speed changes or
start/stop/reverse easily.

http://www.suscom-maine.net/~nsimmons/news/MillVFD.JPG

--
Ned Simmons