Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Hardince HC Chucker -- someone needs help

On 2008-05-21, Pete C. wrote:

The VFDs arrived a few minutes ago. I expect I'll have one hooked up
within the hour

make sure to follow instructions. There is a one page there "getting
started" that tells you how to get your motor running, maybe not in
the most convenient way but you would see that the drive works.

Up and running. Now I need to build a mount for it.

Cool!

Will you make a little housing for a pot and a FWD-OFF-REV switch?

I presume that the lathe already has a drum switch, and it is
not that difficult to bypass the switch in the wiring to the motor, and
use the drum switch as the FWW/OFF/REV switch. This allows reflexes
built working with this machine to carry over to a standard one powered
from commercial three phase.

The real question is where to put the pot.

Post some pix...

Indeed so -- to the dropbox and post the URL to them here.

Also keep in mind, these drives that I sold to you, have dynamic
braking, this is nice for machines like lathes and mills. Highly
recommended to take advantage. Like a stop programmed in 1 second.

Indeed so -- and thus reversing in 2 seconds or less (depending
on the programmed start time).

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564