Grant P. Beagles

Default Lathe Parts

I had thought of some kind of box (Safety first!). I would like to get a cover if
possible, even though finding one is really a crap shoot.

"J Pagona aka Y.B." wrote:

I started off with a lathe like that one.
After I upgraded, I turned it into a foot powered (with a bungy cord as a mock
spring pole) lathe. I ended up giving it to a friend because I was running out
of room.

You can find accessories at Sears. I bought a #1 morse taper live center
there. They also had 4 jaw non scrolling chucks. That means that the jaws
move independantly. They may have had face plates, but I don't remember.

Woodcraft also sells #1 MT accessories.

I don't know if you are going to be able to find a pulley cover. If not, I
would advise making one for safety. You could make a wooden box that attaches
to the lathe bench.

Have fun.

David

remove the key to email me.