Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodman HVAC???

On May 21, 6:45�am, Frank wrote:
"mark" wrote in message

Has anyone here ever heard of the Goodman brand of HVAC? �My nephew is
looking at units, and his friend sells Goodman units. Me personally, I
never heard of 'em. Any feedback? Thanks, Mark

I have it in one of my units. My HVAC contractor was pushing it to save a
few $$ - more profit for him. Goodman is JUNK, I have not used that
contractor again.

A old friend taught HVAC at the technical school I attended. Now
largely retired he did HVAC contracting too. He is 75

He HIGHLY recommends goodman and heres why........

he other brands like Lennox Trane etc use lots of OEM parts.

Parts only avilable from the furnace manufacturer, patended parts. at
their price, and they choose when to make it no longer available
obsolete, or raise the price so high so you will buy a new furnace

When the furnace maker has a problem you are screwed, no other source
for parts.

Goodman uses off the shelf commonly availble parts like ignitors that
can be bought from multiple sources. so you arent tied to any one
source.

realtives of mine had goodmans installed 18 years ago, and were very
pleased. Attendeed a wedding over the weekend reception at beautiful
home along river. New in laws for us.

Anyhow saw the goodman AC they report being very happy.