Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] cpvh@o2.co.uk is offline

Default OT Problem with Speedtouch 780 WL Router

Hi All,

I have been trying to tighten security on a Speedtouch 780 WL router.
I have enabled WEP,, and it is working ok. I then thought it would
make sense to add an administrator password.

I clicked on admin and change password.

left the old password field blank and put the new password into the
New Password and Confirm boxes (it's a fairly basic 4 alphanumeric
(but not in the dictionary) password) and clicked change password.

I was then prompted to enter a username and password as the box
requires these (now).

Only putting blank or Administrator or Admin as the username and the
new (or old) password as the password doesn't get me in!

It's a pretty unique password, and being as it had to be entered
twice, I can't see that I can have typed it wrong.

Anyone know of any wierd behaviour with these routers with regard to
passwords?

Should I be using a different username?

Any ideas?

Virgin suggested a hardware reset, but i'd rather not go down that
route If I can avoid it.