Steve Knight

Default 1 micron vs 5 micron DC bags (or, Have my goolgle skills gone bad?)

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003 21:46:03 GMT, Bay Area Dave wrote:

Better yet to wear the proper mask/respirator, huh?? PLUS use a DC and maybe a
shop air filter. I can't see standing in a shop full of dust, relying on a
shop air filter to pull the dust out of the air BEFORE I breathe some of it.
Doesn't make sense. While a filter will HELP clear the air, it isn't going to
be CLEAN. It will EVENTUALLY become clean, once you stop woodworking, but
while you are making dust, you will be breathing it in unless you are smart
enough to don a mask.

it's easier to make or buy a cyclone with good cartridge filters and build a
good dc with 6" pipe and work to collect all the dust from the source. I get
almost all of it now and none comes back out of the filters. I make far more
fine dust then most people too.
air cleaners really don't do a lot.

--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes