Posted to alt.home.repair
Ozzie[_2_] Ozzie[_2_] is offline

Default CFL's & smoke

"Don Klipstein" wrote in message

Can you describe these and tell me what brand? I am unaware of any
15 watt CFLs that achieve 75 watt "incandescent equivalence", and I am
unaware of any making that claim and having the "Energy Star" logo.

Here's a link of the exact bulbs. Although, I didn't buy them here, and
didn't pay nearly what this place wants for them. The brand is ULA ( U
Lighting America).

http://www.greenercountry.com/store/...uiv-32p818.htm

Also, what kind of fixtures are you using them in? Many CFLs overheat
easily in small enclosed fixtures and recessede ceiling fixtures.

The bulbs which go out, are used in a 4 bulb fixture. They're in the
bathroom, over the vanity. Not enclosed. They have gone out when you flick
the switch on. There's never been moisture in the bathroom, when the bulbs
went out.

I also had them go out, in the lamp post outside. Weird, because all
winter, none ever went out. I've replaced 3 bulbs, since winter is over.

A couple of them, have gone out in regular table lamps.