Posted to alt.home.repair
charlie charlie is offline

Default interior door replacement -- nonstandard sizes

"nnnnnnnnn" wrote in message
So, where can I order 78-inch 6-panel hollow core interior doors?

I have checked everywhere I can think of on the Internet and can't find
anyplace that sells them.

Thanks.

"zzyzzx" wrote in message
Ummm.... 78" high is a standard door height. Just one that they don't
stock it in the stores. You have to order it. It's more expensive
than an 80" door, but not by a whole lot. In my opinion, better than
hacking more than the manufacturer's recommended amount from an 80"
door. Most people are too stuipd or lazy to do it the right way and
actually order a door that's the right size.

try the custom desk at a big box, or at a real lumberyard. you can also look
up doors in the yellow pages. when i was building my house, i found a small
shop that just builds doors for custom houses, that was the same cost as
buying all the doors at a big box.