Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default How to make a USB 2.0 male x male data link

"ctops.legal" wrote:

On May 15, 3:20 am, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:
"ctops.legal" wrote:

Hey I will just buy the interface cable and go into the interface
hardware that's the easy way, all the reading don't get to the problem
ALWAYS find a simple way, I guess the caveman had to break a s**tload
of rocks before he found one that would roll, thanks guys.

ctops.legal

Idiot.

Come on now "Idiot.

Yes. Idiot. I pointed you to the resources required to design a USB
product, and you ignored them. Making a wheel from a rock was a lot
easier. You didn't have to pay anyone for the right to use it after you
made it, either.

" that was uncalled for, see 1. our internet
signal is different than most of the rest of Comcast's other customers
in other parts of the US, we get a we get a TPV 6 (TPT/IPv6) Ethernet,
with a max dl @ 900 kbs, USB configuration is about 1/2 of that, 10
years ago the area got a non-Fiber-optic cable it's somethins else
similar but not the same, USB to wireless is about 2 times the dl rate
as dial-up, I am going to talk to a guy everybody knows around here
called Doc. he can build anything electronic, thanks guys I just
wanted to find out some simple information not start a argument over
USB v Ethernet/wireless.

ctops.legal

Want to bet? You have to pay a fee to register a USB device, sign
"Non Disclosure Agreements" and pay for the development tools. Unless he
is already designing USB products that is a very big NRE. I spent years
in electronic design and manufacturing, and saw what an expensive mess
USB product development was. For a one off you are better off to buy
something. If you think you an build and sell a million units for less
than the Chinese, you are truly insane.

As far as your lame caveman comment: You're watching way too many
Geico commercials. It reminds me of Gary Larson's 'Farside' caveman
plumber cartoon. There are two cavemen looking into a hole, and a roll
of toilet paper is on a stick. One caveman says to the other, "Ug! This
not be cheap!"

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Use any search engine other than Google till they stop polluting USENET
with porn and junk commercial SPAM