Posted to alt.home.repair
nnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnn is offline

Default interior door replacement -- nonstandard sizes

"Eric in North TX" wrote in message

What I prefer in that situation is to buy prehung doors, and sawzall
the opening, fix the
drywall, and then it takes a standard door. . . .

I did think about that option, but it's an old house with and older style
trim throughout. If I used pre-hung doors, it would mean changing the trim
on both sides for more than a dozen doors. So, I thought that just
replacing the slabs would make the most sense.

When looking at the job, they measured each door and I just assumed that
contractors could buy hollow core interior doors in various sizes, including
78-inch high doors. Then each door would only require minimal cutting to
fit the opening.

To my surprise, it appears that no one sells new 78-inch hollow core 6-panel
interior doors. It also appears that no one sells hollow core interior
doors with pre-cut door hardware openings.