Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default Threadlockers and superglue

"Michael Koblic" wrote in message
rvecommunications...

"David Billington" wrote in message
Question 2, google the likes of "loctite 242", it turns up the technical
documents at Henkel IIRC. Like http://65.213.72.112/tds5/docs/242-EN.PDF
which probably gives you more information than you wanted to know.

I spent 3 hours yesterday looking for this very page! All I got is MSDS
and other waffle! Grrrrr!

Thanks, this is all good stuff I wanted to know.

And a supplementary: Does anyone believe there is a significant difference
between threadlockers by different manufacturers (Loctite, Permatex,
Safe-t-lok etc. etc.)?

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

I think Loctite is now owned by Permatex, so perhaps their products are the
same. I have no idea about Saft-t-lok but for routine use I suspect any of
the products would be satisfactory. For critical or production use I would
think that testing would be advisable.

Don Young