Posted to uk.d-i-y
R D S R D S is offline

Default Painting window frames

"George" wrote in message

"R D S" wrote in message
'I' need to paint some already painted outside wood window frames.

I'm not *too* bothered about the finish but I want the paint to stay on,
what do I need to do by way of preparation with minimum effort?

Ta.

There's no substitute for lazyness...however if you must...

Wipe down with a turpentine damp rag,wait for it to dry off for 5 minutes?
then either gloss straight over or apply a matt base coat first and then
gloss.

Now that's what i'm talking about!

/Shudderrrrrs! at the thought doing it this way.

Seriously, I have neither the time nor the inclination to paint them,
however my sister has volunteered.
If it is going to be done I would rather it be done properly but I don't
want to look a gift horse in the mouth.
What would be your preferred way of doing it? Sanding? Blowlamp?