Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Anderson[_2_] Jon Anderson[_2_] is offline

Default Hardince HC Chucker -- someone needs help

On Sat, 17 May 2008 12:52:52 -0500, Ignoramus8671
wrote:

After a few minutes of running some "click" was heard and it stopped
and would not restart.

I have an older HC, mid 50's era. Something inside mine will pop now
and again, and it won't run for a while. I don't have any schematics
for it and don't know enough about electrical to try and track it
down. I'm considering switching to a VFD soon as I figure out how to
interlock switching from low to high speed windings so that I don't
make this switch under power while running the VFD.

Why is the motor that actuates the threaded rod that drives the speed
adjustment hinge, never runs?

Have found this a problem too. I think a limit switch is being overun
now and then. I use a pair of pliers to back the screw off a bit. If
it's not at the end of travel and won't work, it's something else.
Again, a VFD will solve this problem....

Jon