Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
DoN. Nichols DoN. Nichols is offline

Default Hardince HC Chucker -- someone needs help

On 2008-05-18, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:
Are you sure that wasn't a "Static converter" instead of a VFDj?

Absolutely & positively sure - it was a VFD

You said that it was an eBay auction -- so I can imagine the
*vendor* calling a static converter a VFD -- or not knowing enough about
the difference to think that the limitation which applies to a static
converter also applies to a VFD.

Without being able to look at the photos on the auction
(probably long since removed), I can't tell visually, and I have found
that it pays to be skeptical of what a vendor on eBay calls an item,
having sometimes discovered to my benefit that I knew more about the
item illustrated than the vendor did, and his poor description reduced
the number of others who would be bidding against me.

If you knew the device from the photos, that is a different
matter, but in that case I would not expect you to be asking the
question.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564