Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default re-celling batteries

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
I see your point, but I was thinking of the last time I used a
cordless drill, which was to fix some brackets in my caravan. I
didn't need a "lack of cord" merely something that worked without
needing a mains connection.

a 12V SLA will never give the performance and deep discharge capability
of a NiCd or NiMh pack though.

They're capable of several hundred amps to start a car - so I'd say the
performance will be ok. But of course you shouldn't deep discharge them.

Starting a car doesn't deep discharge them?

I should have thought that deep discharging was what they were
designed for.