Posted to rec.woodworking
B A R R Y B A R R Y is offline

Default NOW ACCEPTING OPINIONS: Finish for Peruvian Walnut countertop

On Sun, 18 May 2008 13:35:37 -0700 (PDT), Jay Pique
wrote:

On May 18, 1:53*pm, "Myxylplyk" wrote:
General Finishes Oil and polyurathane. (available in gloss and satin)
Flood it on, wipe in/off the excess. *(builds well if you like)

Wonderful stuff

I see that's a Homestead Finishing product. They seem like a really
good operation - I'm going to give them a call on Monday and see what
they have to say. You're talking about the Seal-a-Cell or the Arm-R-
Seal, right? Any preference of the two? Or it looks like maybe you'd
start with the SAC and then finish with the ARS for a bit more
protection.

My local Woodcraft also sells GF products.

Homestead is great, but mail ordering finishes can be a pain.

** http://www.bburke.com/woodworking.html **