Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Hardince HC Chucker -- someone needs help

For what it's worth, I have two extra 1 HP VFDs - in my pile of "probably
useful stuff" - both tested and working - go to my web page, wbnoble.com and
find my email address if you are interested - and I have a couple of 440V
ones as well (but I couldn't test them)

"Greg O" wrote in message
"Bob Engelhardt" wrote in message
. ..
Ignoramus8671 wrote:
The motor has to have a horsepower that the VFD can handle, but any HP
below that is OK.

When I was looking for a VFD and researching the ones that came up on
eBay, there was one that said it shouldn't be used on motors of less than
a certain hp. It didn't say why and I'm not saying that it's always
true, just a heads-up that it can be the case that a VFD is too large for
a motor.

Bob

I am running a 1 HP motor off a 10 HP VFD. It works fine, but the motor
protection does not go down far enough. The lowest I can set max amps is 7
IIRC, that 1 hp motor runs 2-3 amps. I don't have any issue with it as the
motor runs only when I am standing there watching it, but if it were for
some application that ran when no one was a round there could be problems
is something failed.
Greg