Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default re-celling batteries

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
I see your point, but I was thinking of the last time I used a
cordless drill, which was to fix some brackets in my caravan. I
didn't need a "lack of cord" merely something that worked without
needing a mains connection.

a 12V SLA will never give the performance and deep discharge capability
of a NiCd or NiMh pack though.

They're capable of several hundred amps to start a car - so I'd say the
performance will be ok. But of course you shouldn't deep discharge them.

--
*Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.