Posted to uk.d-i-y
andrew andrew is offline

Default re-celling batteries

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I'm tempted to scrap the batterry and run mine of one of those emergency
jump start thingies but then they're less than 12V.

Eh? They are a standard SLA 12v battery so as much 12 volts as anything
else that says it has a 12 volt battery.

Yes but the two cordless tools that I use which have duff batteries are both
less than 12V, my 18V one still has a good battery.

But a cordless drill powered from an external pack isn't cordless any
more...

I know but it's a cheaper option than buying new cells. Actually for the
sort of work I do I often find it easier to tote a small 2t generator
around for the angle grinder or sds drill. Typically my small cordless
angle grinder would just cut one hydraulic hose on a charge.

AJH