Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is caulk sandable?

In article ,
Samantha Booth wrote:
I need to full some small gaps between the wall and skirting board and
also round the door frame where the old paints cracked. I have been
using caulk but after applying it, the following day I went to sand it
smooth and it was tacky and I made more of a mess.

Whats the best stuff to use or do you have any advice on how to do the
job properly.

The idea of caulk is that it shouldn't need sanding if correctly applied
with a decent spreader. So saying all the ones I've tried shrink badly on
drying and need three or so goes. But once you've achieved a good finish
seem to last pretty well.

--
*Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.