Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] kmy@hiwaay.net is offline

Default Broken icemaker in my refrig

LouB wrote:
: Phisherman wrote:
: Ice makers are probably the first thing that breaks in a refrigerator.
: You can remove the ice maker entirely and get additional freezer
: space, especially if the refrigerator has some age. The only time I
: absolutely required an ice maker was several months following knee
: surgery (prescription pain killers made me nauseated, and the doctor
: said no aspirin).

: How easy is it to get the puppy out?

Replaced mine last weekend, it took about a total of 5 minutes. My fridge
is an Amana and it had 3 screws holding it in, 2 on top 1 on left side
bottom. The hardest part was disconnecting power harness plug from
icemaker (YMMV on this). Good luck, ps the cheapest place I found was an
outfit on ebay, they were almost 50% cheaper than local and most online
places.