Posted to alt.home.repair
Gary Slusser Gary Slusser is offline

Default question about Hague water softener, and replacement costs

On May 15, 11:13 am, Cathy wrote:
On May 12, 8:48 pm, Tony Hwang wrote:
=

Can you reprogram it then? On demand unit is basically regenerate based
on the hardness of water and amount of water used. My unit regenerate ~2
times a week for family of 3 adults with 4 bathrooms. Usually there is
setting for how hard the water is xyz grains something like that in
numbers.

Even if I set it to a different hardness that would require less
frequent regeneration, it only counts down 2 or 3 (hundred gallons)
before regenerating. If the hardness setting causes it to show "11"
after regen, I rarely spotted 9 before it regens. If the hardness
setting causes it to show 5 after regen, then I rarely see 3 before it
regens.

Also, WRT Gary, asking about variable reserve, I don't think it has
that. I have never noticed it hit 00 before regen, but I never really
knew how it worked until recently and never paid attention to the
numbers. The manual does say it should count all the way down to zero
before regen.

I am currently trying it set to regenerate when it needs to, NOT at a
certain time, just to see what happens.

The meter may be bad and not counting gallons correctly. See if you
can find a Hague dealer in your area or call Hague's home office or
check their web site for a dealer near you.

Gary Slusser
Quality Water Associates