Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default can someone recommend a dishwasher?

On May 16, 8:09*am, N8N wrote:
On May 16, 6:33*am, Mikepier wrote:

GE, Kitchen Aid, Whirlpool, Maytag are pretty good names. Like others
said, each model has its own quietness levels, so look into that.

Hmm... this is why I asked, I currently have a GE and hate it (the
thing is so flimsy I have to bend it to get the door to close
properly, and it's been this way since I moved in) my parents have a
Maytag and it is so loud you can't hear yourself think. *The last
dishwasher I remember not being PO'd by is the one in my parents' old
house which was installed when the house was built, in 1973.

Maybe I'll just try to find a free/cheap one off Craigslist, if it's
going to suck anyway it might as well not cost me a lot.

nate

Forgot to mention, the GE that I hate so much was installed by a local
appliance store just before we signed on the house... leaked down the
basement wall and damaged the paneling. Apparently they didn't check
for leaks after they left, and the PO's called in a plumber to find
that the stop valve needed its packing tightened. I still had to
rework a lot of stuff under the sink to make everything completely
leak free. There were no hose clamps on anything, the drain hoses
were pushed together.

Turns out, after a web search, that they are basically my only option
for new appliances within a 5 mile radius, save for Sears. I'm glad I
have tools and a pickup truck.

nate