Gary DeWitt

Default minimum dust collector w/ trash can

Igor wrote in message . ..
I will be doing lots of dados using my TS, so lots of waste. I have a
small shop. I'd like to use one of the in-line trash can hook-ups with a
DC. The hose run from the saw to the can to the DC will be no more than 10
feet; I could even put both the can and DC next to the TS.

What I'd like to know is if this setup can be done successuly using a 1 HP
DC? 1.5HP? A friendly tech guy at Penn State said 2HP -- and I think he
does believe that versus trying to make a sale.

I'd appreciate hearing from people who have this trash can setup using
whatever lower-end HP DC -- whether or not it works. Thanks.

I have the 1HP jet unit that is made to sit on a 35Gal can (you
supply) which I have on wheels. It has a canister type final filter.
Uses less floor space than a DC AND a trashcan separator. With 4"
hose, works very well for all my tools, including a very messy planer
that creates cubic feet of waste in short order.
It's quiet (actually quieter than my saw running at idle). Only beef
is having to clean canister every few days when doing a lot of fine
dust.
I'm not affiliated with any tool co. or distributor, just a happy
consumer.

Gary