Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default can someone recommend a dishwasher?

Nate Nagel wrote:

subject says all... trying to do a little googling in case my current
dishwasher (which I loathe, because it's a cheap flimsy POS) can't be
fixed, and all I find is stuff like this:

http://fixitnow.com/wp/2007/06/11/an...washers-today/

can someone give me something positive about a new dishwasher? I wish
that the PO's of my house had just left the 20 year old thing in there
instead of listening to the realtor.

Simple recommendation: Go to the various stores and look over the
various units in the $400-$500 range. Select the one you find the
sturdiest. Dishwashers today are mostly disposable and expecting a life
of more than 10 years is wishful thinking. There are certainly
overpriced "luxury" units, and perhaps you'll get another two years of
service life for 3x the price and any repair parts at 3x as well.