Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Broken icemaker in my refrig

On May 15, 6:00*pm, LouB wrote:
Phisherman wrote:
Ice makers are probably the first thing that breaks in a refrigerator.
You can remove the ice maker entirely and get additional freezer
space, especially if the refrigerator has some age. *The only time I
absolutely required an ice maker was several months following knee
surgery (prescription pain killers made me nauseated, and the doctor
said no aspirin).

How easy is it to get the puppy out?

Lou

Typically it's very easy. No more than a couple of screws that it
hangs on and one connector. As I mentioned before, when the freezer
door is open, the unit gets no power so it won't come on while you're
trying to get it out.

Google the manual for your model fridge and you'll probably find the
instructions for replacing the ice maker.