Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default OT - the fun and games of "upgrading" (computerwise)

dayvo wrote in news:7c562acc-a2e8-4469-8799-
:

Put Linux on it. Ubuntu is a great release for Linux newbs. Your
computer will run a lot faster and you'll probably be impressed with
how it looks/works. Windows XP isn't a new OS by any means. Ubuntu
gets a new release every 6 months and it generally has major updates.
I started out with a dual boot setup, just in case I needed Windows
for something. As more time went by I dropped Windows entirely.
Ubuntu also has automatic updates and a point and click library of
thousands of apps - all for free. None of it's pirated.

Thanks all!

I'll get back to this when I retire grin.

--
Best regards
Han