Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Can a hip roof be done in tin??

" wrote in message
On May 13, 4:18 pm, gpsman wrote:
On May 13, 2:53 pm, " wrote:

How are the ridges of the adjoiningroofplanes capped?? I just ask
because I can't seem to get a minds eye picture of how this could be
done.

http://www.wesellmetalroofing.com/VC...%201_small.jpg
-----

- gpsman

Nice picture at least I now know some type of 'tin' roofs have
capping, it does appear to be something other than the type of roofing
'tin' I was asking about.

Just to be clear I'm asking about the kind of 'tin' roofing that comes
in 32 inch width and is in varying lengths that has ridges on both
edges and a ridge in the center. The ridges are what is overlapped
when installing the roof.

Bill

go online and Look up Champion metal. they have a installation manual you
should be able to download. This should give you a good idea of what is
involved. Also your local Lumberyard will have instructions on how to
install and flash a roof