Gnube

Default 3-D Design Software

On Fri, 3 Oct 2003 18:10:27 +0100, "dg"
wrote:

Have a look at some of the work done in the forums and in the galllery.

I did.

The
detail is amazing.

! ;O)

Don't be put off by its apparent simplicity - we, along with some other
users, have started to use it for the initial and intermediate design
stages, and then only convert the model back to Autocad to mark up and
print.

Not put off in the slightest, I totally agree, it looks fine and
pretty simple.

If you are going to take the trial, then be sure to watch the tutorial
videos first. You'll be working in no time.

I think I'll stick with Lightwave ;O)

Others might well like it if they are learning about 3d for use in DIY
though. It's definitely a good idea to have something with which to
work in 3d, so as to ease some DIY stuff through the planning and
speccing stages. I'm working on something at present when I get the
odd moment, and I'm on the "real world" MK3 now, but it's had
literally hundreds of revisions in 3d - I could never even have
afforded the materials alone for those in the real world, never mind
the time.

One aspect where it really can help is with morale; if you've got a
working one in 3d it can drive you on even if a project is a "proper
sod" since you can see where you are headed, that the end result will
be sound, and therefore worthwhile continuing. You can't buy a boost
like that really.

Take Care,
Gnube
{too thick for linux}